Polity Quiz 2
1. The executive power of the Union is vested in which one of the below?
A. Prime minister
B. Home minister
2. Which one of the following article deals with the pardoning power of the President?
A. Article 71
B. Article 74
C. Article 72
D. Article 75
3. The impeachment of the President is carried by which one of the following?
A. Attorney general
B. Members of the legislative
D. Prime minister
4. Which one of the following article deals with the tenure of the President?
A. Article 53
B. Article 56
C. Article 55
D. Article 52
5. Which of the following article deals with the impeachment of the President?
A. Article 65
B. Article 62
C. Article 64
D. Article 61
Q 1. When was the first Parliamentary Forum on Water Conservation and Management constituted?
Q 2. When was the first Parliamentary Forum on Youth constituted?
Q 3. When was the first Parliamentary Forum on Global Warming and Climate Change constituted?
Q 4. When was the first Parliamentary Forum on Disaster Management constituted?
Q 5. When was the first Parliamentary Forum on Children constituted?
Q 6.Which of the following describes India as a secular state?
(a) Fundamental rights
(b) Directive principles of state policy
(c) Fifth schedule
(d) Preamble of the constitution
Q.7 “The independence of Judiciary” in Indian constitution is taken from.
(c) South Africa
Q 8.In a parliamentary form of Government the real powers of the state, are vested in the….
(a) The President
(b) Chief Justice of the Supreme court
(c) Council of ministers headed by the Prime Minister
Q 9. Which of the following amendment acts amended the Preamble of the Indian constitution?
(a) 44th Amendment act
(b) 42nd Amendment act
(c) 56th Amendment act
(d) It has never been amended
Q 10. Supreme Court held that the Preamble is not a part of the constitution in which of the following cases/case?
(a) Berubari Union case (1960)
(b) Unni Krishnan vs Union of India
(c) Minnerva Mills vs. the union of India and other states
(d) Sunil Batra vs. Delhi government
1. Which of the following article of the Indian Constitution deals with the constitution of the Parliament of India?
A. Article 73
B. Article 78
C. Article 79
D. Article 72
2. Which of the following article deals with the composition of council of states ( Rajya sabha) and the manner of election of its members?
A. Article 82
B. Article 81
C. Article 90
D. Article 80
3. The representatives of the state in the Rajya sabha are elected by which one of the following?
A. Chief minister of the state
B. Elected members of the state legislative assembly
4. The number of representatives of the Rajya sabha from states and union territories are among which one of the following?
5. How many number of members are nominated by the President to the Rajya sabha?
6. Which among the following is not a standing committee?
A. Public accounts committee
B. Ethics committee
C. Railway convention committee
D. Business advisory committee
7. Consider the following statements. Which among them is/are NOT true?
I. Standing Committees are the permanent committees that are constituted on a regular basis
II. Ad hoc committees are temporary committees that are dissolved when the task is completed
III. Committee of Privileges is an ad-hoc committee
IV. Joint Committee on Fertilizer pricing is a standing committee
A. Only III and IV
B. Only I and II
C. Only I and III
D. Only II and IV
8. What among the following is NOT true about the Public Accounts Committee?
I. The committee was first set up in 1919
II. It’s main function is to audit the annual reports of Comptroller and Auditor General of India (CAG)
III. It consists of 15 Lok Sabha members and 7 Rajya Sabha members
IV. The term of the office of the Public Accounts Committee is one year
A. Only I
B. Only II
C. Only III
D. All are true
9. Which among the following is NOT true about the Estimates Committee?
I. The first Estimates Committee of the post-independence era was first set up in 1950
II. Estimates Committee has a right to question the policies approved by the Parliament
III. It consists of members that are both from Lok Sabha and Rajya Sabha
IV. Chairman of the Estimates Committee is always from the Opposition party
A. Only IV
B. Only III
C. Only II and IV
D. Only II, III and IV
10. Consider the following statements about the Committee on Government Assurances. Which of the following is/are not true?
A. It was constituted in 1953
B. Its main function is to examine the assurances and undertakings given by the ministers on the floor of the House and report back on the status of these assurances and promises
C. For the Lok Sabha, it consists of 15 members
D. For the Rajya Sabha, it consists of 10 members